Please note, as of July 2016, Camden Connexions will NO LONGER be operating out of WEP’s One Stop Shop.
The closest alternative site is Crowndale Centre, 218 Eversholt St, NW1 1BD
0207 974 7252
Helping 16-19 year olds to access employment and learning opportunities, which includes:
- Supporting young people to search for and apply to apprenticeships in Camden www.camden.gov.uk/apprenticeships and nationally via the National Apprenticeship Service website www.apprenticeships.org.uk.
- Helping young people with job search activities including help with application forms, CV’s and interview techniques; advice about how to go about looking for job and training opportunities.
- Referring young people with non-careers related issues to other agencies and services, particularly Camden Under-25’s Centre and New Horizon Youth Centre.
- Dealing with the display and distribution of careers related information, including circulating information to local community groups including Surma Youth Project, and Samuel Lithgow Youth Centre. Helping to identify relevant material for display in the One Stop Shop including information about further and higher education, training and employment opportunities and volunteering and personal development activities.
- Supporting users of the drop-in facilities at the WEP One Stop Shop including dealing with IT related queries.
Helping young people aged 16 – 25 with special educational needs and disabilities who are not in education, employment or training with the aim of supporting them into activities.
The service provides advice and information on jobs, training and further and higher education which include:
- Help with completing application forms and CVs.
- Free access to the internet to look for jobs, training and education opportunities.
- Professional and impartial careers advice.
- Referral to a range of other services – dealing with health, housing, welfare rights advice.
- Specialist advice for young unemployed people with learning difficulties or disabilities.